Quote:

Ok, my Dart runs and idles great in the morning (ive deriven it to work a couple of times since I got it), but when I come out at the end of the day to drive home, iot won't idle , spits, sputters, backfires, etc, etc....I've tinkered with the carb(an edelbrock ), the idle, and the air/fuel mixture screws, etc.....
It runs good for a bit, then it seems like if it gets warm it does the same [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean], will hardly idle, backfires, won't pull under a load, etc.....

My

Today's gas will boil and vaporize if held too close to a hot cup of coffee. To me it sounds like you're getting vapor lock. It doesn't have to be 100 degrees out for it to happen, I've had it happen with temps as low as 50.

A weak fuel pump may compound the matter. Check your fuel pressure both hot and cold. Today's gas is also harder on rubber parts and may have damaged the diaphragm of your pump.

I'd also try to insulate any metal lines underhood.

In extreme cases, some people have swapping in a fuel/vapor separator type of fuel filter (I did with my wagon) and run the vapor line back to the tank.

Thanks for the response, your is worth a lot more than that to me. I thought I would post what I thought it might be, and then see what people who actually knew what they were talking about thought.....

Organized Labor: The people that brought you the weekend. If you can't grasp the meaning of the phrase "tongue in cheek", don't respond. 1970 H code Swinger, Top Banana 2012 Liberty Jet 4x4 True Blue Pearl