Ok, my Dart runs and idles great in the morning (ive deriven it to work a couple of times since I got it), but when I come out at the end of the day to drive home, iot won't idle , spits, sputters, backfires, etc, etc....I've tinkered with the carb(an edelbrock ), the idle, and the air/fuel mixture screws, etc.....
It runs good for a bit, then it seems like if it gets warm it does the same [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean], will hardly idle, backfires, won't pull under a load, etc.....
I don't have a lot of time to go work on it during the weekends, but there are some things I wanted to try.....I took the adapter it had on it(didn't need it), since it was leaking a little around the baseplate. Still does it though. the car has a factory electronic ignition from the 70's installed on it, Im oredering an orange box mopar kit this weekend, and some accel wires, and coil.

Like I said, I haeven't had a lot of time to check everything I want to. I guess it could be a vacuum leak still, the carb, or the ignition,. Maybe it's the fuel pump, I dunno. Oh it's a 70 swinger 340 btw.....if that helps.

somebody that knows a little more help me out please, lol. My field of knowledgeis in welding and fabrication, Im not a virtuoso with a tourque wrench, lol..... It probably something very simple, I almost feel stupid for asking, but I have always been told the only stupid question is the one not asked....thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by HailTheLeaf538; 05/04/13 04:30 PM.

Organized Labor: The people that brought you the weekend. If you can't grasp the meaning of the phrase "tongue in cheek", don't respond. 1970 H code Swinger, Top Banana 2012 Liberty Jet 4x4 True Blue Pearl