Quote:

Quote:

I put them on dry the first time. I have reused felpro intake gaskets up to 3x with a little rtv around the water ports after first install dry.

Are you saying that you put the gasket on dry and then torque down and run the motor that way? And then if you ever have to remove the intake at a later date you reuse the gasket and just add a rtv to the water ports? So no rtv around your water on the initial use and you get good sealing results? If so, I'll give that a shot.

roe

correct. I do wipe block end rails/head gasket surface/intake gasket surface down with brake clean on a rag and let air dry.

I do use the rtv in the 4 corners with a very thin coat on the endrail gaskets bottom side only.(so intake does not stick for removal later)

torque the intake in steps feeling with fingers that the end rail gaskets do not slide out of place. you can push them in with fingers if they move outward on you by going slow on the torque/steps.

I like to have the dist re-moved so I can feel the endrail gaskets with my fingers till it is torqued down good. and gives room for throttle brackets/bolts as they need to be in place before torque.

only re-use them if it has not be very long and providing they dont tear any around the ports. I just sometimes spray them with WD-40 and use rtv in the 4 corners only. depends on the condition of the used gaskets.

all the block offs I made from alum soda cans burnt thru before to long.

a lid from a larger bean can will work if it has no ripples/ridges in the center of lid and bigger than the exhaust port.