Quote:

I'm in a similar situtaion as Carls freind, new to me, tube chassis car and no good chassis books in my poccession, yet. Not to hijack this tread but when you guys use the word "negative" or "positive" preload would you please explain which bar and which way to adjust it to get that and what to look for on a scale when adjusting it those two ways

As Mr P Body said, preload is in the top passenger side bar. Let's forget for a moment about positive and negative, shorten and lengthen, that stuff is too complicated, you will learn about that in the books you are about to order. Let's forget about the scales, you just want the car to go straight. A normal chassis car, with under 1000 hp, set up neutral, is probably going to pull to the right. (It is asking for positive preload but that doesn't matter.) If your 4 link bars are in where the left hand heims are to the front, this is easier. Imagine using the top passenger bar as a steering wheel. If it is drifting to the right, you will be turning the top right bar to the left to bring it back. Put a piece of masking tape on the bottom of the bar. Take a magic marker and draw a line on the masking tape. Loosen the jam nuts. Turn the top bar the same way you would turn it if it was the steering wheel to bring it back to the left. Turn it 1/2 a flat. (Thirty degrees, 1/12 of a turn). Lock the jam nuts. Now make another hit. It should not be going to the left as bad. Keep adjusting until it goes straight. Steer with the top right bar. (If you have alot more than 1000 hp it will most likely drift to the left, asking for negative preload.) Sorry for the long winded answer.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger