Actually not true. The 6 is the number of counterweights.

Here is how that part number breaks down:

383 is obvious
4150 stroke
J is main journal ( Chysler Hemi)
C is 2.200 rods
6 is counterweights
F is forged crank

What K1 and Molnar ( Molnar used to BE K1) did, was use the prefix " 426" for any BBM crank with 8 bolt flange, and " 440" for any crank that was 6 bolt flange.Since Wiseco bought out K1, maybe they made some changes in that regard.

383-4150TC6F used to be the old K1 part number. T standing for 383/400 BBM, more so for counterweight dimensions.

I will try to get ahold of Molnar today and get an answer. I was pretty sure the old K1 383/400 WERE 6 bolt. Perhaps that has changed as mentioned. I have been trying to get a few of these guys to get more 6 bolt cranks, as many people have exisiting 6 bolt parts, and to be honest, there is no big gain in the 8 bolt style for most applications anyhow. It was from the Hemis years ago, and everyone simply stuck with it because they felt the 8 bolt Hemi pattern was superior. I have still yet so see anyone tear 6 bolt outta the crank flange,...

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.