I am using a stock converter, not sure where it stalls, but I am sure it is under 2000 rpm.

Last night I dug out another cooler I have. I picked it up at the U-Pick It from a mid 90's F150. It is larger than the B&M SuperCooler, but is a plate and fin design, verses the B&M stacked plate. It used 5/16 flare fittings, and had a 3/4" straight thread on the outside of the fitting. So I drilled out the inside of the fitting to 7/16" and screwed on a 3/4" pipe to 3/8" flare adapter. The fitting seated well on the straight threads, but I will braze around the base just for extra insurance.

I realize a sendor in the line would be more accurate, but in the pan will still allow a base line and see if the temp is off from there. If I don't like how it reads I can always move it to the line. I did this on my Fury.

The Magnum PCM has a wire for a trans temp sensor light that is normally installed in the line, but was optional equipment. I am considering adding that sensor and a light on the dash. That would get my attention a lot quicker. I believe the PCM will also lock out overdrive at that point also.

C-Body DryDock Bigger is Better!