Quote:

I would go fully forged on the rotating assembly. crank, rods and pistons. unless you feel real lucky at getting it set up right from the start. I would also consider Meth injection at that pressure, unless you feel the compression of the motor is low enough to be safe under full boost.

Also, look at stainless steel rings over cast or moly.

I helped build a fully forged, stock stroke 360/5.9 for a buddy who was going to feed it 12-14 PSI as well, and we went with Eagle forged crank, I think the rods were Eagle as well, forged I beam if I remember correctly. Pistons were dished forged from Probe, and we used stainless rings.

heads were 2.02 R/T castings, as cast, which flowed around 240 CFM. Stock heads will flow 200 CFM as cast.

He was also going to use Mega Squirt to control the engine, as SCT struggles some when you start to crank up the boost, and you need something with more tuneability to it.

That's all I can provide you, because so sooner than I got the long block buttoned up and ready to drop into his 98 Dakota, he lost interest and sold everything, then bought a cummins

I decided i was going with Eagle the other day.

Just check out that mega squirt website, looks to be a bit pricy, Did he just buy the controller, usb bus cable and solder ever thing together him self? It looks like it gives you ultimate control. I would agree the SCT is a bit lacking.

Do you think 10PSI would be more ideal?