Quote:

My headers ceramic coating has flaked off. Has anyone just painted over with good results or is it just better to have them coated again??

Unfortunately, what you're describing is NOT the fault of the ceramic. Immediate dulling and subsequent "flaking" are indicative of catastrophic failure. I.e., you did something wrong. It only takes minutes but somehow you ran it "too lean" or "too fat". Outside of a component failure, this typically results from starting a new, un-tuned engine with your freshly coated headers, or perhaps a dyno run... Another source for failure is bright ceramic on a turbo or supercharged application. A definite NO NO..... These applications and many others require a "High Temp Ceramic" which is rated much higher at 2000F+. It's almost impossible to hurt these without totally destroying an engine first.

The reality of bright ceramic coatings is this, on a properly tuned engine they will last indefinitely. Make a mistake and you'll see it immediately.

It sounds like either Marc didn't teach how to care for your coated headers or you had a mechanical issue. Did you opt for his ID coating as well? Please post some pics and background on the application and I'll I'll tell you how to fix it going forward.

Below are a few samples of some similar problems.