Quote:

Im interested to see how this works out for you. When I bought my system, I spent quite a bit of time talking to Bill. He typically recommended the 450lb in front, but since i had the viper motor and intended to autocross, we stepped up to 550lb (btw sway bar is 1.25").

Bill did say he would do a free swap with me once if I wanted a different spring rate.

On the car, it feels quite stiff - but car isnt fully assembled or driveable (mock up), so I cant give you a real world testimony for a while.

My car is lowered, and I have found that springs supplied are too short under full rebound - so I'll need to adjust accordingly down the road. Just something to consider that if you intend to run a lot lower...

Yes we have many things in common on our builds, yours sounds really nice and well balanced.

Recently received RMS email motion ratio is wheel weight x 1.3 equals spring load. Measuring my Alter k mock up with a tape measure with my selected wheels, I get 1.6 x wheel equals spring load or 343lbs/in compared to a TB. FWIW my swaybar is not 1.25", as it was not offered at the time, and yes Bill has made very accommodating offers on changing springs rates

These springs are 2.5"ID x 9" and offered in numerous 25/50lb rates by a number of manufacturers.

As best as I can tell, RMS measures from the ball joint with their ratio, and mine is from the wheel centerline I have chosen.

Last edited by jcc; 03/28/13 10:56 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.