Quote:

I am gonna buy a stroker kit from a guy for a 500" low deck with Eagle crank, Eagle H-beam rods, and JE flat top pistons.

Main bearings are MS876P which Summit has in stock so I'm good there, $94.95.

Rods call for CB527HD bearings, Summit doesn't have them but they suggest CB527HND which they do have in stock. Are these the same? About $144 for the set.

And last, it calls for JE rings J100008-4375-5 which Summit doesn't sell and they seem expensive through JE at $182....... http://www.jepistons.com/Products/J10008-4375-5.aspx

Any better priced options here? Does Summit offer Rings similar to these?

Starting to wish I'd just stuck with a 440 or a low deck 451.

I won't use the Mopar rod journal sizes anymore on a stroker motor, B,RB or 426 Hemi If I was you, unless you got a really swinging deal on this kit, I would shop around for the same parts with the BB Chevy(2.200)rod journal sizes and a BB Chevy type long H beam rod with the .990 wrist pin sizes My last and current 400 stoker motor has a forged steel 4.25 stroke Ohio Crankshaft Company crank out of my old Duster 512 C.I. motor, a set of forged steel BB Chevy type PEP 6.700 long H beam rods with a custom set of Diamond pistons with 1.5 MM,1.5 MM and 3.0 MM rings sizes, thems rings is the cats behind Not much drag and lots of power on the dyno and great leak downs, less than 3%, after the dyno testing I used the Federal Mogul # 4094 full narrow groove main bearings and the BB Chevy HP Federal Mogul #7200 CH rod bearings

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)