Quote:

Garth & Rick, that is some great documentation! I thought I was the only one who took a bunch of step by step photos of everything seeing the pics make it much easier to understand

Garth, the modified fitting coming out of the pump cover would be my biggest problem...That is some awesome skill cutting and welding up that fitting I don't have that skill and not sure any of my friends do either.

Rick, the tubing you used, is it welded or soldered?

Also, question for all: Are you using the "O" ring at the connection/fitting at the pan or a gasket of some sort...or both?

Bill, the fitting was not too bad to make. I just cut out a V from a 90 and filed it by hand until it lined up with the opening in the cross member. A friend of mine did the TIG welding. Remember, this is under suction, not pressure.

I remember having to fiddle with the pickup. I forget how I did this. Now you understand why I have some many pictures. LOL. My best recollection was I discarded the o-ring. I used an aluminum washer on the outside of the pan. I had a friend thread it to better align it on the fitting but that is not necessary. Then I used silicone on either side of the sump wall to seal.

Garth