Quote:

Not apples to apples, besides the heads, the car has a new low gear 904 and 4.10 gears, not to mention a new oil pump and pan. It ran an 11.81 at 114.4 last time out and that wasn't anything close to a full throttle pass by any means either.

What guys need to understand (and hopefully appreciate) is I have never and will never make a 'Bawls to the Walls" pass right off the trailer with all new parts without making at least a few check-out passes to run the trans and gears through and make sure everything is working right. Make an easy pass or 2, Check for leaks, check the plugs, tweak and then go at it.

I've seen so many times guys do dumb things (make false assumptions all was perfect) like frag expensive transmissions because the guy at the shop didn't readjust the band screw properly, I'm very conservative even when I' m 110% sure everything is right. Patience is a virtue, especially when my $$$$ (and especially my AZZ )is invested

Once I've made sure the car runs and tracks straight down the track (btw, I also made some good T bar adjustments, but you don't KNOW they're right until you test) before I'm ready to beat the snot out of it

So did you ever get even one " good" pass on the old setup???

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17