I was wrong by stating the "roadster's" headlights were '28Lasalle, they are 35-36 Lasalle/Cadillac.

The pics of the '57 that I am posting now are pics I've taken today.
I have all parts to redo this car and the car is solid. 12 years ago I started to redo the car but got sidetracked for a short time and by a short time I mean 12 years.

The 392 has a solid Donovan 417 blank roller that was ground by Lunatti. As I remember the numbers are ~.650"Int/.660Ex - 312*Duration 260@.050 . I used Isky roller lifters, a bronze gear drive, adjustable pushrods and stock rockers. I gave Lunatti all the particulars regarding the car and was shocked by the cam numbers. Turns out they were dead on as this car had a super flat torque curve and makes hp from 3500-7400 rpm. (7.60's @ 95mph 1/8 mi. single 4bbl)

The heads were ported by me and work well. I nickle-welded a mild steel plate in the center exhaust ports and shaped ground them.When I finished the portwork, I took them to a local NHRA world champ and he said they looked good. I never put them on a bench but I think the numbers would be pretty good. I had 2.050" stainless intakes installed with teflon seals.

I used a Cloyes 340 gear & chain set, a 340 mil oil pump and installed a 340/360 windage tray. I used Egge cast pistons and I reget not getting forged slugs. I shift ~7200 and have had no problems to point. I dragged it for a full season with a single 750cfm Holley so the slugs are ok for a no nos setup. I used a TCI "rattler" balancer with a home made pulley.

I modified a comp 9000 distributor made for a 351 Cleveland. I had to shorten it to make it fit under the intake. The coil and all the wiring are located behind the firewall or inside the chassis rail.

I used a 727 with manual vb mated to a 10" PTC converter. (3500 stall)

I used an A-body 8 3/4 with 3.91 sure grip push the rubber. I made 2" spacers for the rear wheels because there was no room to install/remove the 10" slicks. The rear also had Moser drag axels with 1/2" studs.

The water cross-over was a pain to make. I used .090 ss and brass for the thermostat housing. Check the pentastar shaped body. I will make a better looking cross-over as I refresh the car starting mid-may.

Hope I havent bored everyone with the details. Just ask if you have any question.