Quote:

cool, nice build and thanks for sharing this info.

just curious....the driver's side exhaust manifold looks more like the 73-74 type casting, I thought all the 69-71 sixpacks had the 'smoother' (non ribbed) castings like the magnums.

the manifolds look the same as was on the 74 police interceptor motor I used to build my 508.

Yes...

These manifolds are extras that I use for dyno tests and such. The right side is identical, but the left side is externally different. They are dimensionally the same as the 70 HP ones I am going to use on the actual car in question so the results would be the same. The ones I am going to use on the car are already blasted and prepped, so I didnt want to mess them up while running on the dyno.

Kinda aggravated to not be able to really sharpen the tune(due to the carb issues). Wouldnt be earth shattering gains, but might have been able to get it into the mid/high 440's for HP. It was pretty fat when it made that number..

One other thing to mention. I usually set the lifter preload on the low side, but went to the high side on this one to keep things quiet. That might have been worth a bit there, but again, were not talking anything eye opening...

MB