Quote:

Nice but PLEASE paint it ORANGE. And FWIW I think it'd make the best power w/ just the base plate. The air filter and lid are very restrictive.

Dont worry. it will look "OE" correct before it goes in the car. Ill usually refrain from final paint until I know everything is kosher. I will spend a lot of effort final painting one of these and inevitibaly you get it nicked up moving it and getting it on and off the dyno. Oh, and it will have the factory valve covers, and all the doo dads that the were put on these originally too.

As for the air cleaner. In dyno tests we found that it will make most power with just the base, a bit less with the lid and a K and N. and the least with nothing. Nothing earth shattering, usually less than 5 HP.

It should run on pump premium witout issues. It has an automatic so that should help some. Some people that use these cars with sticks for some reason complain of pingiing during hot weather. You take a ride with them and they are trying to lug it up a hill in 4th gear at 20 mph iin the heat. I told him maybe splash a bit of race gas in it during the hot weather, if any noticeable detonation occurs.

Idled nice with 16.5" vacuum.

Thanks all.

MB