I attended for the first time last year in my slant six powered 1968 Barracuda convertible. I have the suspension upgraded with stiffer springs, a pair of swaybars and some Koni shocks. I also have some older BFG Radial TA's.

This year the car has more power with the EFI 5.9 Magnum/727 & 3.23 Suregrip swap I did over the winter. I can already tell the car has a bit more oversteer due to the added weight (+-75lbs) in the front end, so it will be even more exciting. More power and suregrip on a road course, dang I love Mopars!

Willow Springs is a big track. Last year, towards the middle of the day with the /6 & 2.93 rear end gears, I was able to build up to 98 mph entering the back sweeper. It was exciting, I progressed at my own pace and I definitely benefitted from the new driver meeting at the beginning of the day.

There were several guys who literally melted their tires down to the cords, because they pushed their cars so hard. My old TA's did get some wear that day, but it was minimal. I still have them on the car for this year.

My point is that you have all day to get comfortable with your car and the track. The key is to start off slow, build up as you gain experience throughout the day and leave yourself a comfortable but exciting margin of safety.

It was one of the funnest things I've done all year, and I can hardly wait until this Thursday.

7694489-photo(Large).JPG (62 downloads)
Last edited by jbc426; 05/05/13 10:56 AM.