I just got home from checking out my friends 67' HEMI GTX with 4 speed and Dana. The car is on a rotiseree, and the most rust free body I have seen in a while. It is complete with some paperwork. Evidently, it was bought new in Washington state and lived most of it's life in TN. Here is the question, what to do with it? It has a warrenty replacement block, (to be expected) with a metal tag riveted to the pan rail. Other than that, it is amazingly original. Red, Black interior, Disk brakes, and that is about it. The bottom of the car clearly shows undercoating in the rear wheel well only. The bottom has Black? primer with drips, with Red/Maroon paint overspray. It came with an amazing collection of NOS parts, chrome trim, compelte exhaust system etc. None of the trim is as nice as my custom plated, etc. Does he respray the bottom with the dry spray (Black primer/Maroon looking dull paint, etc. or finish the PERFECT underside like mine? Does he paint with "orange peel" like the factory? If he goes for an "OEM" type resto, he has a trailer queen that he can't drive to shows etc. like he sees me do in my "trubute". He even has NOS front end parts etc. non of which look as good as my "restored" Firm Feel parts. He is afraid to hurt the value, but what is an original/warranty block, HEMI 67 GTX worth? What would you advise him to do?

7609313-DD.JPG (124 downloads)