Quote:

Quote:

There is alot more to cooling that a 26" wide radiator. Mopar guys get tunnel vision when it comes to rads because Mopar did the 22" and 26" wide thing but the truth is that you can get a 22" wide rad that easily has more capacity than a stock 26" wide radiator. This isn't even a topic of discussion for brand X and Y guys and despite what you might glean here, some of those guys are making big HP numbers too!

Dave

Please, do you have pictures and or part numbers for the 22" and why not use a 26" just for the peace of mind?
thanks

Not exactly, but what I did was use my stock top tank and I had it recored with a 3 row "hi performance dimpled core" based on my rad shops recommendation. IIRC, they had to split the bottom tank and widen it.

I haven't had much run time on the car, so I'll be honest and tell you that up front however, I have extensive knowledge of hydronic coils in my industrial HVAC background and there is many variables other than a coils width and height that determine performance.

As to why:
- 1) My car is a relatively desireable factory #'s matching 440-6 car and it came stock with a 22" radiator and corresponding opening. I wanted to use the stock radiator and had no desire whatsoever to cut the rad support.

2) I have a factory 22" radiator shroud that wouldn't have worked with a 26" rad.

3) it was far easier and less expensive to recore the rad for better performance than it would have been to swap over to a 26" rad.

I like my cars to be stock appearing, so an aftermarket aluminum racing radiator is the last thing I would consider.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]