Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like a stout build on the cheap! WAG on performance, high 11's on motor, high 10's on spray? Apparently the stock cast pistons can take quite abit of SAB ($h/t and abuse). When do you think you'll be able to run it?

I think you may be a little optimistic, here. I hope it runs good and don't want to rain on anyones parade, but what I see is a stock 400, probably around 8:1 @ the most, with stock iron open chamber heads, and some miss-matched bolt on stuff. Not trying to be a buzz-kill, but at the same time lets not set the guy up for a big dissapointment. My guess would be closer to Mid/high 13's on motor, with mid 12's on the bottle. IMO: Might not be any faster, but would likely be just as fast and much more drivable with a 750 carb. Would run better with a dual plane intake. It may jump out of the hole with the deep gears, but the motor is definatley not set up to run a gear that deep and it will run out of steam quick.

My advice: don't expect too much. Whatever it does.... Have fun with it!

I agree its not a very good combo at all . No ofense meant but it is a very low comp eng that dont need a single plane intake or a 950 carb. Just not a well thought out combo but I do understand you may be just throwing it together to have some fun.
My sons 72 Dart is a .030 over 400 with Eddy RPM heads and the MP .557 cam. It has 10.6 comp with KB pistons and uses the RPM intake with a 750 DP. It weighs about 3550 with him in it and has run 11.40's @ 117 in good air with 3.91's. The 400 can run good without stroking it but it needs a piston to get some comp. Good luck , Ron