well, yes, maybe its the fantasy of a 15 year old....

I was at the local races yesterday, and a guy bought one of those mustangs, he even had 2 guys from the US come down here to set up the car for the race (who are experienced with the car) and it was fast in a straigh line, but the car was kinda heavy, had to brake sooner into the turns than the others (maybe it wasbecause it was too fast in the straights???), and it was tail happy around turns, like it needed bigger tires.

Down here, you dont have many classes, you just run what you bring....This one was on the "open class".

he obviously spent a lot of money.

Some locally built cars were faster, Mitsubishi evos and some older BMWs.

Money was defintely not the issue here.

The drivers were good, well at least one of them, he has won the national circuit championship, so that was not an issue either.

Yes, its a 15 year old dream....I like the old mopars and I thought it would be cool to build something just for the kick of it...even if it takes a complete frame and suspension swap.

Cant cost 135k no way to build something that handles good.

remember, no class rules here, so you can get away with things like huge tires, liter weight, etc.

Im gonna put the Hotchkis total suspension system on a cuda for starters and go spin some....I know it will run like a turd compared to these other cars, but oh well.....i just want to turn some laps with an old mopar....

and cant help but fantasize about what could be done...within reason of course.