Quote:

Quote:

Where does it mount? Does it mattter which vacuum line goes where? Can find no schematic for it in shop manual

OK, I'm confused..... my 70 Roadrunner air grabber car doesn't have any "solenoid" at all. I "thought" that was the electric control system of late'71/early'72 ????

Please chime in anyone who knows for sure.

There should be one, as previously mentioned it is mounted to the top of the flange at the bottom of the dash... It's function is to seal the system when the ignition is on so the scoop works then when you turn the ignition off it opens a port allowing the vacuum to escape closing the scoop when the engine is off...

They are often left out because they fail causing the scoop to not work, replacements aren't cheap & the only thing that use to be available was either used or NOS.. Used you don't know if the replacement is any better than what you have, NOS could be bad to but it surely won't be cheap... Eliminating the solenoid the system works but the scoop doesn't close immediately when you shut the key off, vacuum bleeds back out slowly & the scoop drops in a few minutes...

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."