Quote:

i wish i could have done stock linkage...

i splurged and bought all fancy hydraulic junk, thinking it would be best. but their install instructions leave something to be desired.

I have an A-body with 440 and victor heads, along with older modded proparts headers, and a lakewood bellhousing, i don't have much rom for anything. I am still trying to figure out where to even put my hydraulic Master.

When I first went all hydraulic, I thought to myself WTH did I get myself into???

After a long sorting out process, a 1/2 dozen pulls on the transmission, countless conversations with others who have it (forget Customer Service - if it ain't a Chevy, they're clueless), and lots of trial and error, it works much better than the all-mechanical setup. I would do it again in a heartbeat now that I know what I'm doing, but it's not for the timid and it's CERTAINLY not Plug 'n Play despite what all the descriptions on the manufacturer's websites say.

If your all-mechanical setup is working fine, the changeover is then not worth it.
It's great if you're going from an automatic transmission to manual tranny, especially in oddball situations.