Quote:

nobody that I have ever spoken with (or heard about) has built an engine & lamented later on after the fact that they just had too much power to deal with & didn't know what to do with it

Yeah, if it was built right, didn't break stuff, good chassis and good tires.

There's another thread going right now where the guy is complaining about keeping a 440 runnning for at least one season and from what I can see it's from building it beyond its abilities. It's in the Racers Forum. I'll try to find/attach it.

Most look at it as a failed block, crank or whatever but it takes too much power to find the weakest link.

FOUND IT...............

"the block cracked someware above 60 passes. just one season. broke it october a year ago.
i was 3170 me in it.
i know people with ported 915 all out roller running in the 9s but i do not really need to put a roller to see how fast it will go. low 10s is fun, good respect and not a all new setup to do low 9s with chassis mods.
bang for the buck then is my stock engine 2000 zx12 ninja running 9.25s in cold mine shaft air at cecil md.
i think with my M1 tunnel ram two 770cfm holleys and roller it would do mid 9s but sofar i do not feel the need to push it. i have had trouble with issues. first was a broken spring caused a intake head to brake and mess up 3 chambers. the next fix was not a good one then a ring land broke and that busted a cylinder. 5 years later i get it out again with the 73 block same cam and heads 3rd pass 10.20 at cecil looking like we have teens maybe 0s later on. one year later from running at numidia at 1100ft all summer i go to cecil in october with 10.42 dial on the window and pull a 10.27@131.78mph with a 1.55 bog 60ft. i fix the issue by staging higher till i get to put the yellow cam back in the rear accelerator pump and pull a 1.48 60ft. thinking i got the teens. but not running as frisky as first pass and only got a 10.24@129mph and oiled the track from the 1/8th to where i shut it off. all the water went in the oil when the block split up the mains and pushed a oil pan gasket. it did not ruin anything but............... i am sick of something going wrong every year............... i finish a season. maybe after two years of not braking i will step the power up and see what happens (i would love to) i know the car is fun. more scary to me than the bike and the bike is faster."

Last edited by Dean_Kuzluzski; 12/17/12 09:56 AM.

R.I.P.- Gary "Coop" Davis 02/09/68-05/13/04