Quote:

470 is what I have been leaning towards, for those exact reasons. The pistons in those 500" kits are like an inch tall. I can't imagine that has any benefit aside from bob weight. there's almost nothing to prevent piston slap, it's a weaker piston, there's higher side-loading.

Since my application is a street engine, w/ pump gas, I want to build for longevity. In a race application, the issues I mentioned can be probably be planned for. Hard to give up 30 cubes though.

My first 400 block pump gas low deck street stroker has 6.800 long rods with a 4.25 stroke (511 C.I.), pistons are very light, 458 grams with no pins or rings but with the oil ring spacer The pistons come out of the bottom of the cylinders a lttle but it has not shown any conscequences form that I ended up swapping the 4.25 stroke crank to a 4.300 stroke(518 C.I. now ) to move the pistons up to zero deck after swapping the iron heads to a set of Eddy RPM aluminum heads C.I. is your freind if your wanting to make power Lots of different ways to make power I've made the same power with different heads using a 470 C.I.(3.910 stroke) as the bigger pump gas motor with similar M.W. ported heads, the smaller motor had more compression and a tunnel ram with two 750 CFM carbs, race gas instead of using a single plane and a single 1050 Dominator on pump gas on the larger 518 C.I. motor

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)