Quote:

Quote:

Hold on there, carpet and rat rod do not go together. { It does look good though } The rat rod cult is about how crappy you can make a ride look and still be drivable. But in the end it's your ride, looks cool , other than the chevy engine , I'd drive it

Hmm, maybe I'm old school, or got into it when it was fresh. But a "rat rod" (didn't call it that then) was about taking a derelict and getting it running. Everything else was secondary for most, including steering and stopping. I usually worked bassackwards, get it stopping, steering then worry about running good. Looks were always secondary and usually consisted for cleaning out the years worth of rat carp, leaves, spider webs, etc. Maybe throw a cheap Mexican blanket from TJ on the seat but that was about it.

I hear y'all. As mentioned, the "rat rod" concept is to get a car running and stopping with whatever is available and cheapest. Back in the day when there was no internet or parts houses on every corner, when a car would break down the owner would fix it with whatever he/she had available to them. This truck is going to be on the fence between a rat rod and actual hot rod. I like the "weathered" look of rat rod bodies, but I also prefer to have some creature comforts (like carpet and windows) so I can get my wife into it and enjoy shows with me. I did a lot of youtube and google image searching for "rat rod", and will continue to do so as I progress with it. A LOT of so called "rat rods", even though the bodies are trashy looking, have decent interiors and nice looking engines...often times with multiple carb induction -- next up on my list is a tunnel ram and two fours. I was rebuilding the carbs just last night.

With all that said, it has been well received at local shows. It may not be a full out "rat", but so far people in the rat rod community accept it and compliment it everywhere I've been.