Quote:

Hillborn stacks!

Another one of those unobtanium items. There's a lot of them in the car world these days! LOL!

Quote:

Quote:

Hillborn stacks!

And LRE exhaust stacks!

I am tickling the idea of stacks, but not LRE type. Just 4-5" chrome with turnouts, no taller than the cab. I'm thinking that would look sick right behind the cab.

Quote:

So a moparts moderator is promoting the dark side

LMAO! Dark side promotions take place all the time around here...you knew it was only a matter of time one of us Mods would join the party!

Quote:

What do you plan on adding to it? That'll be a fun ride.

The possibilities are endless. That's what's great about a rat rod. First up is moving the exhaust behind the cab (get a lot of fumes right now). Secondly, I need a few creature comforts int he interior to please my better half.

Quote:

I like it except the grill just doesn't look right to me.

Ha! The grill is a "custom" built piece and just a "unique" feature of a rat rod. The '48 Ford grill is hideous...I'm actually glad this one is one there.

Quote:

...a bit high in my book,...but...

http://www.youtube.com/v/lOBeppyk1Rs

..Edit: well I went back & looked again at that 354 & he says its a 392, but the heads don't have the water outlets like the 92's or the 54's for the thermostat crossover.

Ya -- that's $4k outside of my budget. Nice, but no way I'd drop $4k on a motor a 15 year old rebuilt. LOL!

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments. There will be progress pics as I move along.