Hi All, I'm new to the board, and was hoping to get some input/advice on a few things.

I have a 68 Charger that is 14 years into a never-ending restoration. The car is not numbers-matching and would be considered a resto-mod, although it is mostly true to stock appearance.

After the existing 383 block self-destructed, I am going to convert to a 440 stroker, which will bring it up to around 500 cubes, using aftermarket aluminum heads and roller rockers and keeping it all under a stock hood. It will be a weekend cruiser, not a track star or street racer, although as you would expect, I want it to really have some kick on occasion. I doubt it would ever see RPM north of 6000-6500. My engine builder is trying to convince me of a few things that I am not sure of, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1) I already have a TTI exhaust system, and was planning to use 1-7/8 TTI headers, which will mate up easily to the existing TTI exhaust. He feels I should use the Hooker Super Comp headers. Any real reason to do that?

2) I already had a Mopar orange box electronic ignition, and since I cannot reuse the 383 distributor, was planning to simply get the appropriate MP distributor that would fit the 440. He wants me to convert to an MSD system. I am hesitant to start cutting up the new wiring harness, which I think is necessary to add the MSD. Any real reason to change over to MSD?

3) He doesn't like my Edelbrock AVS Thunder series 800cfm carb, and wants me to change over to a Holley 950. Again, any real reason to do that?

All in all, the sky is not the limit on pricing, but I'll spend it if it would really make a difference for some of the parts. I'd love to re-use as many of the existing parts as possible, as long as it won't compromise the engine. Thanks!