Quote:

The rod is definitely a factor when adding up the "bob-weight", just not as critical as the piston since it is swinging further out there.

Since I'm one of the last Mopar guys to build a motor on a budget, or will own up to it publically..............the LY rod and modern lite-weight forged pistons are a whole lot better than those huge TRW/factory slugs and heavy 6-Pak rods.

Yep, certainly rod weight is a factor and though I don't have all the weights in front of me, the difference between an LY and a 906 isn't as much as some people think it is, yet the piston weight is HUGE. I'd rather have the extra weight in the rod where it does some good rather than in the piston is all I'm saying.

Of course, lightweight pistons and LY's is better than the TRW's and 906's (depending on the actual weights, of course), but I'd rather have the lightweight pistons and the 906's if those are the component choices. Depending on piston weight and useage, the LY's might be a better choice for the weight difference, but the 906's ARE stronger.
As I said, my 906/Ross piston engine has less reciprocating mass than a stock LY 440.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]