Quote:

Quote:

I'll agree with the XV and US-Tool-Works products as they've done some interesting studies... shown in their videos. I like the SFC that become welded across the floor pan, but with certain club "rules", that type is not allowed (too bad!).

Any reasons that you know of why that is disallowed? It's not that expensive, and our old uni bodies weren't stitched together all that tightly to begin with.

Mitch is talking about the SCCA (and all the clubs that use their rule-set). They have to make a broad set of rules to define their classes that can satisfy everything from a mini-cooper to a Lamborgini.

Its a rather recent addition to the street prepared rules (one level up from stock) to allow frame connectors that's been modified from bolt in, to weld in, to now 2+1 points of attachment (straight, the +1 allowment is because, I believe, of Fox Body Mustangs having their seat mounts being into the connectors). Its an evolution of rules. If you want to change the rules, get a group of guys together and present a convincing argument to the rules committee to get a change.

In defense of the current rules, 2x2 tubing underneath the floor is still stronger torsionally than the contour of the floor style (thicker wall, and larger overall cross-sectional area). I tucked mine up to the floor (I'm now beyond 2 pts of attachment) so I moved up 2 classes.

Glad to see US Car Tool stepped up to the plate with the kit.

1971 Challenger