Quote:

there are a lot of different aspects to this whole deal and i am in no way taking shots at dave.

i haven't been to etown in years and don't expect i'll be going back anytime soon. given it's a national event track and seeing the facility i'd have to say it's just another example of the economy and drag racing sliding backwards.

as best i know they had some very unusual problems with the timing system but from a spectator standpoint saturday wasn't a good deal.

if etown gave dave the finger i hope they all have other means of employment. i'm sure he did all he could to please as many people as possible and imho the facility let him down.

I have to agree!!

I have never been to an E-town Shakedown. But I know several people from other parts of the world that make the global trip (cars & all) just for that event. Also I have never seen that place NOT PACKED on the Main Event day from pics and videos.

I know several years ago they had considered canceling it because of lack of Funding. I believe that was when AlAnabi stepped up and helped out. NOT SURE THOUGH!

Kind of the same thing that happened at Orlando with the Street Car Nationals. They just couldn't get the kind of funding from sponsors that would bring the Big Dogs out to play.

Far as e-town giving Dave the Oh-Well. I guess he needs to return the favor and find a new location for the event. See how they like that OH WELL!!!

I had always wished that event would relocate year to year so MAYBE 1 day I'd actually get to go.