I finally installed a cutout switch in my 63 since my battery is in the trunk and it seems they always let me slide but I wanted to make it right. So to make a long story short my battery is on the left (drivers side in my trunk. Its all stock in the trunk as I use a stock gas tank and when I put it in the cable my buddy had given me was not long enough to reach over to the right rear. So I installed it in a marine case in the left rear as it really makes no difference to me which side it was on even though everyone says the right side is best. So I did not want to drill a hole on my car body so I drilled a hole in the upper corner of the left tailite so if I ever want to change it back to all stock (which I dont think I ever will) all I would have to do it put a new taillite lens in it. I bolted the switch to the battery box and adjusted it so it works great. It sticks out about 3 inches when on and when pushed off its even with the taillite bezel so its not easy to see when its off which I like because if I want to turn it off when I park somewhere I push it off and most wont even see it.
My question is someone told me today that the switch has to be on the right rear of the car ? I never looked at the rulebook to see as I did not think it made a difference. So I am wondering if anyone knows if that is a real NHRA rule ? Thanks , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 10/17/12 09:20 PM.