Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am now finally going to order a new block so my choices are limited to world and the mopar block because they have wedge mounts. Has anyone here run the alum block on the street and were you able to get one with the lifter wholes already drilled.

Thanks

yes! be aware they may have chinese studs in them with ARP nuts! big thread on that before do a search. change them over to ARP studs.

(world block)

As I stated in that other thread, you cannot just replace them!!!!!!

The crank bores must be re-alinged honed at a minimum after re-torquing to the correct spec if you indeed find this issue. If they don't clean up, its junk.

sorry you had back luck. I had back luck with a carb before that others swear by.... but I never had done what you mentioned and all is okay and still to date. I run an oberg filter I check regularly and the only thing that has shown up in there is the bronze dizzy bushing crap (prolly my fault somehow on something) (IMO obergs are worth their weight in gold)and to say world blocks only good to 700hp is silly IMO. andyf has made more than that with stock block stuff. however I heard world had issues before so who knows. maybe I am lucky for now

To the OP if ya go that route here is the stud replacement you need

ARP #AR4.620-1LB X 8 and #AR4.400-1LB X 2

Mopar Performance