Now that U mention it Clair....as it's been quite awhile ago since I redid my frontend.......I remember trying to trim the inner sleeve(about an 1/8th off of each) while trying to fit the 70 strut rods, basically trying to make them(2 piece poly units) compress to the same dimension that the old rubber units used to be. The Poly kits make ya use the old steel inserts for the strut rod bushings, but due to their makeup, will NOT compress as the rubber units--I hear Moog has a less than popular design out now as well in rubber, I'd rather have the 2 piece types. I checked both the 70 and 73 strut rods that I had on hand. Each were the same length, washer stops in the same locations. The only difference I saw was where the safety pin hole locations were in reference to the rods, size of the washers that cupped the rubber bushings(concave side towards the rubber)...and of course the 73 rods were course threads for the nut that goes through the K.....while the 70's were fine thread. I think Energy Suspension offers the Poly units with their own steel inserts inside. I haven't noticed any movement with the 1/8 trimmed off. My quess when I finally get all the weight back on and front end finally aligned, will I find out if I messed up or not via doing the 1/8 in trim--but everything seem s tight as a glove.