Quote:

To correctly assemble and disassemble the OD trans the cluster pin needs to be removed and the cluster gear is sitting in the bottom of the case, install the main gear assembly in the trans , rotate the tailhousing so you have access to the cluster pin hole , lift the cluster into place with the thrust washers in place and slide the cluster pin into the trans. the cluster pin seats and unseats from it's bore on the front of the trans with very little if any force.

A trick here is to use a cut down counter shaft or a pipe inside the cluster gear to support the needle bearings that surround the counter shaft inside the cluster gear. I have used bearing grease also but prefer not to. Make it long enough to fit in the case and still hold the thrust washers on the end. When you lift the cluster gear up push the new shaft through and the cut down shaft (same as the miller tool) will push out the other side.
Quote:

The OD gears can be installed in a small bearing case and I'm not sure if there is the large OD retainer that fits this case or not , but a standard 833 23 spline retainer will work and then you wouldn't need the OD bellhousing .

I think Brewers or Passon can sell a retainer or adapter if you already have the OD case. I made an adapter for mine on a lathe out of aluminum.