Quote:

So it should already have a cast aluminum tail housing? That would be nice. So it looks lime I should be able to swap the guts of my aluminum OD case directly over to the cast iron case with problem...and brewers can tell me if the kit I need will be any different...sound about right?

Froms the sounds of it the aluminum tailhousing is not the norm , I haven't had a lot of them but I've never come across one with an alum tail that I can remember.

One thing you need to watch for is what kind of iron case will you get from Brewers? The Alum OD trans uses a shorter cluster gear pin and has a soft plug that goes on the bellhousing end to keep it from leaking because the shaft is a slip fit. A non OD 833 has a lightish press fit shaft that is longer , you can put the shorter shaft in the non OD case but it's going to leak ... been there , have the stain on the floor.

I don't know if the iron case OD uses the shorter shaft and soft plug and is a slip fit , but considering what is required to assemble the trans it must ??