Quote:

they even had a mini van in the drags.

The minivan was running 12.20 IIRC (80's turbo van), I'm not sure what class it was in.

We had a great time, the delays sucked but what can you do.
With as many cars as there were running fast and hard mishaps are gonna happen.
It's not Josh's fault that the delays happen.
If something goes wrong, the cars need to pull over to the side. Some people weren't doing that.

Alot of cars left wheels up and then came down hard, when they did oil pans got smashed.

I believe it was this car that happened to late Saturday night. It left on the back bumper than came down hard with sparks flying.

At least he pulled over right away.
Unlike the guy that oiled down the track the entire length not one but two days.

Between the oil downs and it trying to rain Friday we were waiting in the staging lanes over 3 hours for a time run.

It seemed like every time we were called up someone oiled down the track.

Kayse and I were both in Street, her in her 06 Charger Daytona me in my brothers 2010 Challenger R/T.

Kayse lost in the first round Sunday, I got really lucky and made it to the Qtrs before I lost.
I guess that's not too bad for a car I'd never driven before driving it to Indy for MMW.
The drive by wire throttle makes it tough to get consistent reaction times.
On my last run the I hit the gas pedal as soon as the 3rd yellow came and the car didn't rev for what seemed like a few seconds.
Between that and loosing .5 a second on the ET (14.10 on a 13.61 dial in) I was out.

The Challenger ran a best run of 13.63 at 102 mph which is great except that in was in the first round of Saturdays gamblers race and I had a 13.70 dial in.

Kayse was definitely getting frustrated with the oil down delays but she was excited that she finally got into the 13's with a 13.89 at 99 mph run.

We left the track about 7.45 Sunday night (Indy time) and got home 12.30 am (St.Louis time) about a 5 hour drive.

We had a great time and will be ready to race again at MMW next year.

Thanks to Josh and all the people who helped put on a great event.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol