Moparts

If you didn't go to MMW

Posted By: bigtimeauto

If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 04:08 PM

You missed the best event in the mopar world. We met a lot of great people and had a spectacular time.
Josh did a great job with a lot of different activities and racing.

Can't wait till the next one!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 05:39 PM

Bob,hopefully next year I will join the caravan from the NY area.Awsome pic's from that event
Your car is FLYIN'!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 06:04 PM

Would have loved to have made it down there... BUT
couldnt swing it... way to much stuff to get done
and I didnt have a car ready.... next year for sure...
I knew Josh would do a GOOD job at it
Posted By: mopartony

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 06:45 PM

A bit too far to go for a fun trip. I am on a strict budget building the new car. So maybe Indy in '14. The car should be done and the bugs worked out by then. Maybe he will have a class for my car too....
Posted By: dartman366

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 08:08 PM

reall,really dissapointed that I couldn't make again this year, just ran out of vacation time,but I am making plan's ahead to be there next year,,,,,even if they have to push me in a wheelchair,,,motorized of course.
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 09:38 PM

they even had a mini van in the drags.and a chevy,which i didnt understand
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 09:55 PM

Keeping fingers crossed for next year with new 500"er.

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/23/12 11:08 PM

Quote:

the chevy was racing in the NSS class. There was a GTO also
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 01:42 AM

Quote:

and a chevy,which i didnt understand

NSS is an all makes race, there were quite a few non Mopars in it.

Dennis
Posted By: BM70Dart

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 02:03 AM

yea A 5 hr wait for first round and then cancel the race it was awesome, real organized
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 02:59 AM

Just got home and even though my car was running like dog poo I still had a great time...5 hour drive and all.

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:12 AM

Quote:

yea A 5 hr wait for first round and then cancel the race it was awesome, real organized

josh had no control over all of the oil downs and breakage. yes its a shame the race got cancelled.
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:18 AM

i had a great time.i got to see a bunch of old freinds i have not seen in awhile and meet a bunch of nice people.thanks for all the compliments from people who stopped by and looked at my car.

Attached picture 7392007-553811_457674374263753_1565505657_n.jpg
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:33 AM

Quote:

So what race got cancelled?
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

josh had no control over all of the oil downs and breakage. yes its a shame the race got cancelled.

They should have skipped the time runs today and gone straight to eliminations...Saturday was a prime example that there were WAY too many cars to complete the race (especially with all the people breaking).

I won't be racing at MMW again...too much waiting around. I did enjoy all the Mopars, and would come back to watch for an afternoon, but not race.

This was the first time I lost in the first round and was happy about it (no joke), because I could go home and watch some football.
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:50 AM

rumour is lil john labbous wrecked, is there anything to this?
Posted By: mshred

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 04:07 AM

Any pics from the event?
Posted By: moparbrown14

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 04:56 AM

yes john crashed on sat afternoon. some guy said he thought a tire broke up as he hit the brakes in the lights. he is fine, unloaded the other car and was in the finals of quick 32 and was still in deep in super pro

Attached picture 7392132-AdamVideo140.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 05:08 AM

Congrats to all the winners at Monster Mopar this weekend..........

453 Race cars and more show cars.....

Bigtime, Guppy, Chuckles, Mikey Clams, B1Johnny, Clinton, Russo, Fat Pauly, ZOOOM, My canadian Hemi Super Stock friends and all the other great racers that made the long journey.

Especially Keith Mckellar.....your advice in invaluable........

Thanks for all the patient racers.... we can't anticipate the weather or the oil downs.... but we did the best that we could with the cards that we were dealt.....

We had to call the free Box and No Box Race on Saturday after the first round because it had gotten to late in the night so we split the purse since we did complete 1 round and we had to try and press through getting both quick and victory nss as well as extreme 10.5.....

John Jr Did wreck his super pro car but still the won that round...... as to be expected.

He isn't sure what happened but as he got on the breaks coming up to the stripe and the car turned sideways and hit the wall.... I couldn't get to the end of the track fast enough and he was back in his pits to get his other car ready for the first round of quick....

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 05:12 AM

John beat Chris Wheatcraft in quick and was a finalist in super pro
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 11:26 AM

We had a great time and ran a new best!! Not sure if I'd do it again though there was just way to much going on for me.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 12:12 PM

Bigtime I had a great time watching you guys run. Stopped by but you guys were not around.

You car is show and go

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 02:48 PM

Quote:

Bigtime I had a great time watching you guys run. Stopped by but you guys were not around.

You car is show and go

Thanks, Shame we missed you, we'll get together next race for sure. We were busy all weekend helping guppy so he could beat me LOL
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

the chevy was racing in the NSS class. There was a GTO also

The 59 El Cameno was cool but where did the black 55 Chevy fit into a class?
Posted By: julian2007

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 03:24 PM

Quote:

John beat Chris Wheatcraft in quick and was a finalist in super pro

Wish I could have been there,I cut and split fire wood instead
wish you had better weather and I will see you guys next year
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 04:50 PM

it was a great time for sure. I did not walk around much as i was working on my car, but WOW , from the pics i missed a lot!

Thanks to the sponsors that help this evetn and Really THANKS to JOSH for making it all happen!

Well worth the 13hr drive each way for sure !
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 05:20 PM

Wish I could have made it. Sounded like everybody had a blast. I am close but just came up a little short on time and funds but it wasn't from a lack of not trying. When is the schedule for next year coming out?

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 05:45 PM

The black 55 was a funny story.... He told the girls he had a super stock car in the trailer. So we sold him a nss entry. He came up twice during time runs and no one caught it.... Once we figured it out we let him know, gave him a refund and he was happy.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 05:59 PM

Quote:

The black 55 was a funny story.... He told the girls he had a super stock car in the trailer. So we sold him a nss entry. He came up twice during time runs and no one caught it.... Once we figured it out we let him know, gave him a refund and he was happy.

I always thought those chebby guy's were sneaky.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 06:03 PM

Quote:

they even had a mini van in the drags.

The minivan was running 12.20 IIRC (80's turbo van), I'm not sure what class it was in.

We had a great time, the delays sucked but what can you do.
With as many cars as there were running fast and hard mishaps are gonna happen.
It's not Josh's fault that the delays happen.
If something goes wrong, the cars need to pull over to the side. Some people weren't doing that.

Alot of cars left wheels up and then came down hard, when they did oil pans got smashed.

I believe it was this car that happened to late Saturday night. It left on the back bumper than came down hard with sparks flying.

At least he pulled over right away.
Unlike the guy that oiled down the track the entire length not one but two days.

Between the oil downs and it trying to rain Friday we were waiting in the staging lanes over 3 hours for a time run.

It seemed like every time we were called up someone oiled down the track.

Kayse and I were both in Street, her in her 06 Charger Daytona me in my brothers 2010 Challenger R/T.

Kayse lost in the first round Sunday, I got really lucky and made it to the Qtrs before I lost.
I guess that's not too bad for a car I'd never driven before driving it to Indy for MMW.
The drive by wire throttle makes it tough to get consistent reaction times.
On my last run the I hit the gas pedal as soon as the 3rd yellow came and the car didn't rev for what seemed like a few seconds.
Between that and loosing .5 a second on the ET (14.10 on a 13.61 dial in) I was out.

The Challenger ran a best run of 13.63 at 102 mph which is great except that in was in the first round of Saturdays gamblers race and I had a 13.70 dial in.

Kayse was definitely getting frustrated with the oil down delays but she was excited that she finally got into the 13's with a 13.89 at 99 mph run.

We left the track about 7.45 Sunday night (Indy time) and got home 12.30 am (St.Louis time) about a 5 hour drive.

We had a great time and will be ready to race again at MMW next year.

Thanks to Josh and all the people who helped put on a great event.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 07:22 PM

I too thank Josh and his sponsors !
Josh does an excellent job of trying to do the impossible (make everybody happy). Most guys don't have a clue how hard it is to organize such a huge event. I cant thank him enough for all his efforts,but thanks buddy!
Keith
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 09:50 PM

Quote:

See, Mopar people have a sense of humor and can laugh about stuff. They even gave the dude his money back.

I snuck into a Super Chevy Show once with my "Canadian Nova" and when they busted me they kept my money and called me all sorts of bad words. I was horribly scarred for at least five to ten seconds.

Attached picture 7392849-PICT0015.JPG

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 11:11 PM

Great event. I will be back next year for sure. Here are my pics:

Can you tell I liked the funny car?

Nice seeing you HemiFred. Your friend (Jerry? I think) is a hoot. I got some funny Connie Kalitta stories out of him.

Wing cars on the autocross track

My drag car on the autocross track. I didn't hit any cones, but I sure didn't set any land speed records either.

'bird after the first boom. Wish I could have seen him run.

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/24/12 11:12 PM

Link to ALL my pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v466/dustrag73/Monster%20Mopar%20Fall%20Ball%202012/
Posted By: mshred

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/25/12 12:58 AM

Quote:

it was a great time for sure. I did not walk around much as i was working on my car, but WOW , from the pics i missed a lot!

Thanks to the sponsors that help this evetn and Really THANKS to JOSH for making it all happen!

Well worth the 13hr drive each way for sure !

where are the pics dammit? lol
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/25/12 01:58 AM

Quote:

'bird after the first boom.

ROFLMAO

And Bird ON boom number 2

bird-boom by Blown71X, on Flickr

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/25/12 03:08 AM

I missed the second boom...but I heard the announcer say they had to get the hood off to get the fire out. Poor bird.
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/25/12 03:36 AM

MMW3040 by Blown71X, on Flickr

Re: If you didn't go to MMW - 09/25/12 12:03 PM

Wow, you have a much nicer camera than I do. Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums