Quote:

Last night my Indy SR heads droped a valve seat which broke the valve and piston. I am now in the market for a new set of heads among other parts. My SRs worked very well after Nick at Comp U Flow ported them but I think it is time to move on and try a new head.
I am looking at Indy 440-1s B-1 BS or Edelbrock Victors.These heads will be on a 499 low deck motor in a tube chassis 69 Dart. With the SR heads I was running low 5.70s in the 1/8th mile.
All suggestions and opinions appreciated.
Thanks, Joe

I've built and dyno tested motors with SR with M.W. ports, they flowed 340 CFM at .700 lift on a Super Flow 600 bench at 28 inches, I had a set of B1-BS CNC ported by Modern Cylinder heads to M.W. ports, they flowed 350 at .700,.800 and .900 on the same bench by the same tech, I had Modern cylinder heads CNC a set of 440-1 and had them change the intake valves to 2.250, they flowed 370 CFM at .600,.700 and all the way up to 1.0 on the same bench,(several years apart)by the same tech My message is the 440-1 CNC ported will flow a lot more air than the same size SR ported heads will with the smaller valves Call around and see if any of the shops have a set of 440-1 ported, ready to assemble or done and ready to ship

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/13/12 03:27 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)