Quote:

Quote:

5W20WT Valvoline petroleum based oil and , if using a flat lifter(non roller) a zinc additive like Comp Cams offers Run the motor long enough to break in he cam, maybe one or two dyno pulls and change the oil and filter, cut the filter open and install new oil and filter, fill the filter up with oil first of course, and add ths cam additive again and get after it

"....fill the filter with oil.." ??? On an RB/B engine, I reccomend pulling the distributor, oil pump drive and re-priming the system with oil before starting. I have never been able to get the filter on without loosing most of the oil Maybe with a remote filter you could do it, but with the filter on the pump, I do the re-prime method.

I make sure the filter is completely full and then installed it onto the motor, I may loose two to four ounces installing it, but never more than that fill it up and hold it upright until your ready to tip it onto the pump fitting, install it (screw it on) quickly it takes time to get them(filters) filled up all the way, pour it full several times until the oil level stays 1/2 to one inch down from the threads on the top

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)