Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What kind of crank and retainer are you using?

It's a factory steel crank and 440Source main cap. I read through all the posts regarding this from the past (including all the warnings, etc) and double/triple checked everything to death. As I said, it was totally dry, and I thought I had it beat, but now it's leaking. It also appears to be seeping a little from the head gasket (Cometic MLS) on the driver's side. I spoke to their tech line and they said to try to re-torque the head.

Oil from the head should NOT be in the bellhousing but stranger things have happened. I'd be looking at the main seal first.

I know the main leak isn't coming from the head. I just added that as an additional complaint (I know I'm whiny lol). I checked really good all around the valve cover and it's completely dry. Also checked the intake pan gasket and the oil pressure sending unit. It's definitely coming from the head gasket unfortunately. I did a search and it seems it's not that uncommon with the Cometics.

If it were a Hemi I could see it because there are oil drainbacks on the bottom corners.

Ok the stupid question , why did you use cometics on that engine ?

Because they offered the thinnest gasket (.027" compressed) I needed for my build to get the compression ratio close to what I wanted. They work (supposedly) well with the aluminum heads and a bonus is they don't need to be re-torqued. Of course this situation may shoot that theory down...

Re-torquing the head would involve raising the engine a few inches to get the header off. Not a project I really want to tackle right now...