IMO, for an "all-Mopar" AUTOCROSS (parking lot style, small-meduim size course of about 35-45, maybe 60 seconds maximum, with speeds averaging about 45mph), the best attendance would be at an "all-Mopar" gathering, like a major car show (Mopar Nats, Chryslers at Carlisle, others) but it has to be well advertisd and promoted. A reasonably good smooth pavement (asphalt or concrete) has to be utilized. Pylons would be typically used to designate the course, unless there is an actual track, such as at Carlisle (and they can still use a few pylons to alter the straights a little... and have about 2-laps). As refernce, look at what the "Good-Guys" do with their autocross events (typically a small course and with 2-laps... I'd like to see larger and longer courses). At a point in time, if "competition" would become a reality, we could establish rules and classes, but at first, we could be very simple, perhaps based only on the various car bodies. Putting on a parking-lot-style autocross would very likely still require some liability insurance cost (~$1000 or more). Putting on a "road course" lapping event (where speeds would be higher at about 70 mph average) would cost tremendously more, such as an easy $5-10-15-20K and up; hooking up with a club that has already established itself would be the best bet for low-cost. I still favor having an "autocross" of low-medium speeds in conjunction with an "all-Mopar" gathering lioke Mopar Nats, Carlisle and others -- some Mopar clubs are pretty large and could possibly host an autocross given the allowable site and good people with experience and desire to run it.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!