The original Chrysler Car Club Council held a "gymkahana" out at the Chysler Proving Grounds (before it was called the Mopar Nats, if i recall correctly)... when i first saw it, I felt they needed to rid the gymkahana and make it an actual autocross.. i offred involvement but nothing ever came of it. In 1995, Jim Bileinda promoted the Indy Mopar Nats to have another gymkahana/autocross... i was extremely interesed along with some other immediate mopar frineds as we were then 100% hard-core autocrossers with our Mopars (my t/a and his AAR)... we even offered to run / organiz the event as we have years of such expoerience... but we were extremely disaapointed as jim bileinda cancelled it... we could have run on the immediate circle track or even pro-solo-style, in brief, down the drag strip there.... we wanted so very much to show the rest of the mopar world at the show that mopars could handle (and, Hi-Perf Mopar Magazine actually promoted that it happened... i royally complained to the editor which he apologized saying the article was writen before the event even happened!)... In 2002 there was the Monster Mopar wknd out at Topeka, KS which incldd a very good autox- hosted by the Dodge Shelby Owners Club... unlimited runs!!! I specifically towed my T/a out to that event ONLY for the auto-x.. ran about 30 timed runs on Sat (my wife and i split the driving.. she actually beat me on her final run by about 0.001 of a 45 second course),but rain came on Sun (no magazn coverag despite its great success that Sat). Out at Carlisle there is a a small rectangula paved track that is used by other clubs, to my brief knowledge, for autocross.. I'm not sure where the Hotchkiss cars ran this year there, but tht site is a possiblity (I had my SCCA T/a featured indoors at Carlisle in 2005 next to the Posey T/A with my other autocross friend's black SCCA solo II AAR. Now, here in the Chicago area, at the Joliet Rt 66 Autobahn, for the wknd of Oct 6-7, 2012, the Midwest Council of Sports Car Clubs is hosting one of their seaon hi-speed auto-x on Sat, then Sun I will be the Pace Car for their w2w races... how cool is that... a Chall T/A as Pace Car (been doing it recently for past few years... come on out on Sat and race with us (Sat is the hi-speed solo... easy class rules... just a safe car is needed!!!)... the President of the hosting club that wknd owns a vintage 67 BCuda that is Gurneyized for GT1/TransAm racing... very coolllll! I'd love to go out tto the Calif Spring Fling and run the hi-speed course with them and my T/A... but I/we are working on something similar in the midwest, such as through another hosting club... costs are involved for site rental (yes, even parking lots, etc, and road courses)... insurance, etc. One of my dreams is to have a regual all-mopar autocross held at the mopar nats or similar location.... heck, I'd even volunteer to organize and run the whole thing.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!