When I built my last 340 in 2007 I did CC the edlebrock open camber heads made for the earlier 340s. I don't remember the exact CCs but do remember the pistons were .029" above the deck and I'm sure I used the recomended felpro head gasket and I remember it being 10.3-1 to 10.4-1.

That sound right??

Stock bore, hand honed by me with a sunnen hone. Took quite a few weeks to get stock bore pistons. I've got over 12K miles on it now and did a compression test on it last fall and had a even 165psi on all 8 holes! It has never burned a drop of oil, I have never added oil between changes and I drove it 120 mph for miles at a time a few weeks ago at bonneville for the 2nd time, it's a real test on everything.

Come take a ride with me.

^^^^^^^^
Those pictures are on the way out to California, we stopped on the way back too and I beat the crap out of the car on the roads and on the salt. I didn't want to trash the car on the salt on the way out.
Just a tease as I couldn't hold my chessy camera and drive too.

Not every block needs to be bored, exspecially old rarer motors like a 340 if it's not absolutely necesary, I got lucky.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 07/15/12 02:00 PM.