Quote:

How many cfm should it take to make 730 HP with a good engine?

i'll post some flow numbers and HP numbers, and you can tell me how many cfm it takes to make 730hp.

268cfm ported factory heads, made about 625hp through exhaust manifolds using an iron dual plane intake and a Q-jet carb.

a set of oe iron heads, ported by what i would refer to as a nationaly recognized top tier engine shop, flowed just over 300cfm on my bench.
the motor got built and dyno tested.....made about 720hp through exhaust manifolds and an unmodified intake manifold.
after some track time, the engine got pulled and shipped to the same top tier engine builder that did the heads.
re-dyno tested to confirm the previous dyno results.
the previous results were verified.
the intake got replaced with one that had been extensively modified and the engine re-run with the new intake......to the tune of a bit over 800hp.
still with exhaust manifolds.

a set of 906's i ported that flowed around 287cfm, on a FAST 526ci 6bbl motor with a manifold friendly cam made 625hp through exhaust manifolds and 2.5" pipe.
i have to believe that if that motor had a set of good headers on it, and then a typical bracket type roller cam, single plane intake and dominator carb, it would have made close to 700hp, and probably over 700hp with a M1 TR and 2X750 carbs on it.

the other side of the argument is from your viewpoint....
the only flow numbers i really care about are the ones from my bench.
if i get a head and its supposed to flow say 375cfm, and i only get 360cfm out of it, then in my world.....its a 360cfm head.
(so, in your world, those 906's flow 335cfm....which is really all that matters to you)

i'm also of the mind set that you should "never say never" when you see some sort of engine performance parameter that you feel is questionable.
however, in my mind......it remains as just that for me, until a time comes when i would get a chance to "see it for myself".
i'm the say way with dyno results.

also, i have no desire to try and duplicate your efforts on a 906 head, and can say with confidence i wont be doing any 906's that require anything even remotely close to 120hrs of labor in them.
feel free to claim that market for your own.

Quote:

What is 30 cfm worth if no one else can do it?

its worth the same as everything else......whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

i would think the highly modified OE BB Mopar head market, for classes with "open rules", is going to be pretty limited, which would tend to make me think there isnt going to be too many people looking for that type of product.
but, as you say......you never planned on building heads like that for customers anyway.