The dyno test was run on an engine dyno (not a Chassis dyno). I wanted the engine to be dyno'd with most accessories installed to best simulate what it would really be once installed in the car, stock air cleaner, pullies, ex manifolds etc.

Unfortunately the dyno shop only had headers available for a small block and due to this his exhaust hook ups were only for headers. Of course this didn't come up until 2 days before the run so I had to go out and have a muffler shop cobble up some ex mnfld collector adapters and short ex pipes which ended up reducing the 2.00 ex mnfld outlets to 1.75 diam tubing (pretty serious cork).

At any rate, the engine HP peaked at 439hp at just under 5,900 RPM (hyd cam or intake manifold volume being too small likely factors there) and 480 somthing ft lbs or torque.

Nothing earth shattering but a solid showing considering the build combo and the restrictive exhaust pipes. I'm thinking with some minor tuning and a good exhaust setup 450HP plus should be a no brainer once in the car. If I ever decide to go with a roller cam even more HP could be available, I built the short block to take anything I can throw at it in the future so there's a gob of room for improvments down the road.

As far as Extrude Honing and the difference it makes. I think there is a limit to gains you can expect but IMO every engine will benifit differently from it. As I've said before, you chase the bottle necks in the combo, if the bottleneck is the manifolds it will make a bigger difference and push the bottle neck to some other area needing improvment to gain more HP.