Quote:

Quote:

So...Am I reading this right...The challenger could have had an organisol painted back glass trim with the rear window louvers ?????

That is what Mike mentioned,

Randy......about 3 decades of parting out E bodies, probally a few hundred cars?......(between me and Chet Greenwood, we probally culled quite a few hundred E bodies on the east coast!).....I use to avg 3 cars a month, every month,year after year... not counting the ones in salvage yards that I stripped.....generally ALMOST all of the black vinyal topped 70-1 Grand Coupes had black textured trim, ...not all though........rear window louvered cars were SCARCE!.....usally 99 percent of the time the louvers were gone, or totaly trashed,.....I've only had 2 70 Challengers(parts cars) that were equipped with black vinyl tops and had rear window louvers, although the louvers were "swiped" from both cars, their trim was intact,.....black organsol painted, I stripped one set to refinish for my T/A,.....just raw stainless, no polished finish, seeing that I have 2 sets, the same, I would assume this is how the factory may have finished some cars?....if not all?...It's just like when you see a E body 3 spoke woodgrain steering wheel with a half rim horn ring?......the same with the Challenger black rear window trim......may have been an early option, or treatment later dropped?.......I didn't document the cars