Quote:

Noone has probably noticed but I've been laying low the last few months while i worked through a health issue. Well the verdict is in, and there is nothing else to work through.

Inoperable Pancreatic Cancer.

If I can make it through the new few weeks to be able to start Chemo, I've got a 50/50 shot at being around till the first of the year. (At least I'll find out of the Myans were right).

I just learned that today, and beleive or not, that is far better news than I was being given just late last week.

I'm barely 51, so this really kinda sucks. But, having time to get my affairs in order is better I suppose than just not coming home from work one day due to a traffic accident or something like that.

I 'll be posting a wiw for my Charger in a few weeks to help my Wife know what she can expect for it when the time comes.

There's no real point in my rant,except I needed to tell someone and I'm not ready to tell anyone at work until I have some things in order.

Steve

steve.....who says inoperable? how many opinions did you get? is it isolated to your pancreas only? is wrapped on a portal vein? what chemo? gemzar alone is not going to do much. listen man this public forum isnt the place for this. please feel free to call me. If you want to fly to ny and see what the pancreas center at columbia has to offer i can get you an appointment in no time. all you have to do is ask. you need to find out 100000% if you really are inoperable. i will pm you my direct phone numbers. please google the pancreas center at columbia medical center in ny. i am on their site under stories of hope. dont waste time.