Quote:

Before you knock the aspen type sub frame ..why not talk to one of the guys who designed it for Chrysler..Mr P Body.... he's on here all the time..

Nothing against MR P Body (don't know him) but at the time the F body subframe was in the design stages, Mopar was on the edge of bankruptcy (the 1st round) and I suspect the engineers were very restricted as to what they were allowed to do.

I have some real life experience with the F,M. & J body front suspension and its weak points. I put several through the ringer on a dirt track, and built 3 hot rods using the suspension system. The were what they were, with some very weak points and some strong points as well. They were a good option in the 80s and the 90s, but in this century, there are better options available. If your going to go through the work of installing a front suspension on a fresh built car, why wouldn't you want to use the best choice available to you within your budget?

All I am saying is there are better options for fit, function, and ease of construction then an F,M & J body clip spending the same money. Gene