Quote:

Marker lamps on fenders and lamps in front bumper all work with headlamp switch in parking lamp position. When head lights are turned on fender markers go off but bumper lamps stay on. Car has a new headlamp wire harness no spliced wires. I don't know who made the harness it was in the car when i bought it. Where should i start looking for the problem? Headlamp switch may be from a 69 unsure how to tell or if there is even a difference. Second question is shouldn't the lamps in bumper go off when head lamps are turn ed on? I thought in 68 they did but 69 they didn't. Car does have a 69 style rallye dash which is why i think the switch will be a 69. Is there a difference in the head lamp switch which might cause my problem?

You say that the fender markers go off when headlights turn on. Does the 1/4 markers go off too?

I'm not an electrical expert but. If the rear side markers do go out, I'm willing to bet the problem is either the headlight switch and/or dash wiring. If they stay on I would start troubleshooting the repro headlight harness.

1968 Dart GTS 340 Auto...White, Red Int