Quote:

Thanks everyone! Last season I used an Indy plate..which is not ideal for Edelbrock heads....more gap between the plate and head than I would have preferred! I used the black Chrysler Corp. silicone sealer,and it worked,but still seeped oil! As far as using the tin factory pan...I've ALWAYS had bad luck with those! Maybe I should try again...but,the port openings would have to be opened up slightly,to match my heads slightly larger intake windows. I have some decisions to make! I HATE ANY OIL LEAK!...especially into the combustion chambers...which was my problem using the tin valley cover in the past!

On my low deck 518 with CNC ported RPM heads and six pak inatke and carbs I had to trim the stock sheet metal valley pan, I do use both thin intake gaskets that come with the Hi Po Fel Pro valley pan(the one with no heat riser hole in it),one on each side of the tin cover and Hylomar on both sides of the gaskets I hate vacume and oil leaks I switch heads to a set of Indy SR and used there valley thick plate, I have a small leak now from it between it and the right side head at the rear

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)